Skip to content
PT Beam with PC Slab
• PC slab is sometimes used in conjunction with PT beam for design and work optimisation under certain favourable conditions:
- To reduce slab falsework erection time due to very high floor to floor height
- To improve efficiency of slab design when a deep section PC member (e.g. double Tee) is deemed to be more efficient than a PT slab.
- To overcome tight labour problem associated with in situ construction.
• To ensure better serviceability performance of the slab, it is best to pour the concrete for both the in situ beam and the PC slab topping in a single operation.
• The above construction sequence will reap the following benefits:
- Better beam and slab connection, hence minimise rotational cracks at its interface.
- Better PT beam design (use of in situ flange) and optimise stressing sequence.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT US