Due to the very huge spans and stringent corrosion protection required in bridges, post-tensioning tendons comes in a variety of forms:
• Internal tendons
- Plastic duct or steel duct
• External tendons
- Permanent or Replaceable
- With duct or ductless (epoxy coated strands)
• Extra-dosed tendons
In order to contain the hoop stresses induced by the storage materials in tanks / circular structures, circumferential tendons are introduced in the walls.
For stressing purposes, 2 types of tendon arrangements can be introduced for stressing purposes:
• With stressing blister- Regular anchorages
• Without stressing blister- Floating anchorages
• For better corrosion protection, plastic ducts, galvanised strands, etc., are used.
Tank without blisters
Tank with stressing blisters